With the release of our first wide wheel scrambler in 2021, there was another project in the kitchen that started at exactly the same time - a Carburetted Triumph Thruxton Scrambler 900, the older brother of the Black 2017 T100, . Purchased in Bathurst, and sent up to us for surgery.
The rider Hugh wanted this bike to be his fun Sunday run around. He has a Speedmaster for long distance riding, and a Harley Davidson Shovelhead to make sure there’s always something to work on in his shed. The main goal of this bike was to create a bike fun to rip around on, a few gravel roads, but most of all to be an object of envy for his mates.
Our mods list on the Thurxton Scrambler includes;
- Rear suspension mounts were removed and rebuilt
- Brakes rebuilt and braided lines made for the set-up, with a set of Accossato levers.
- Carburettors were swapped out with a set of Mikuni RS and DNA pod filters
- Wide wheel kit installed from Canyon Motorcycles
- The front end upgraded to a set of Protaper bars
- Full Purpose Built Moto lighting suite - 7” flashpoint classic and integrated indicators.
- Purpose Built Moto Black Box Control Relay
- Tail of the bike has been chopped and shortened up, and the stock side covers removed to be replaced by some hand made aluminium covers with some ally extrusion detailing
- Exhaust has been built high with a 2-into-1 collector running into a Purpose Built Moto 2” torpedo muffler.
- Tank painted and custom leather seat
WANT US TO BUILD YOUR BIKE?
WE BUILD BIKES WITH PURPOSE.
Purpose Built Moto is home for unique custom motorcycle builds. We offer a unique motorcycle customizing experience in the heart of the Gold Coast.