Giving new life to a brand new machine. Something I've been looking forward to for a long time, and I'm glad it was with this XSR900. It always starts with an idea, a concept and the bike wil organically shape from there.
This time around the idea was a custom bike, that unless you look closely, you would think just rolled out of the dealership.
Subtle changes that work with the factory given colours, and style. Removal of anything deemed bulky or unneccessary and as with everything I do a touch of my own personal style.
The mods completed here include,
- Grilled headlight with hand made headlight brackets, utilising the front indicators to holt the new headlight in place. creating an uber clean finish.
- updated front fender again with hand made fender brackets, minimal was key here.
- Brembo master cylinders, Frando hydraulic clutch conversion Carbon Fibre bars and Rizoma bar end mirrors.
- Shortened and minimized tail, integrated LED brake light, custom seat finished in a black vintaged leather.
- Hand cut frame covers, built to hide the subframe bracing, house the rear indicators finished in blacked out stainless steel gauze mesh
- Blacked out details, including center tank cover.
With a mods list coming in a lot shorter most other PBM builds, the XSR still holds it own in terms of a unique and well balanced custom.
I just wish the owner would have let me make it louder.....
WANT US TO BUILD YOUR BIKE?
WE BUILD BIKES WITH PURPOSE.
Purpose Built Moto is home for unique custom motorcycle builds. We offer a unique motorcycle customizing experience in the heart of the Gold Coast.